Food Services of America has become US Foods! As a leading foodservice distributor, we partner with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions.
US Foods has strong values, great benefits and pay. Come join our team where we help you make it!
The Credit Manager ensures the consistent application of credit and collection policies, working with the Sales team to coordinate collection activities and achieve the optimum number of active customers while reducing bad debt losses.
- Manage company accounts receivable to achieve the optimum number of active customers while minimizing the risk of bad debt losses and maintaining the budgeted level of days outstanding of receivables through effective collection action.
- Obtain, review, process and maintain appropriate credit information to rate credit worthiness of new and existing accounts.
- Coordinate collection activities between Sales and Credit departments, using telephone, collections, stop ship, District Sales Representative direct calls, “pick up check” requirements and other steps.
- Provide instruction and ideas to sales force on collection and credit subjects as well as assist sales in difficult customer situations.
- Communicate and follow up effectively with Sales regarding customer accounts.
- Some travel to customer sites and District Meetings.
- Provide excellent customer service regarding credit and collection issues.
- Resolve customer discrepancies.
- Meet defined department and branch goals.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-5 years credit or collection experience required.
Knowledge of credit and collection laws required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to organize and prioritize workload, work well with all levels of Associates, vendors and customers.
Demonstrate strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
Certification from the National Association of Credit Management (NACM) a plus.
Experience in financial statement analysis preferred.
Valid Driver's license and current auto insurance required.
Other skills and abilities:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills required.
- Must be able to make independent decisions and complete research.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status