The adult-registered echocardiography technologist performs adult inpatient and outpatient echocardiography procedures, transesophageal echo (TEE), stress echocardiograms (exercise/pharmacological) and Doppler flow analysis as ordered by a physician. Also assists with other clinical tests such as exercise stress testing as requested. The echocardiography laboratory performs all aspects of cardiac ultrasound imaging -transthoracic, transesophageal, and stress. Provides direct patient care to patients of all ages. Contributes to the effective daily operation of the Echocardiography lab including interactions with echo students, physicians, and other medical professionals. Schedules, prepares, administers, and reports interpretations of echocardiograms, M-mode, 2D/3D imaging, Doppler, color flow mapping, contrast studies, transesophageal imaging, stress echo and assists cardiologists. Advises cardiologist of results of examination and provides preliminary diagnostic evaluation. All functions of this role shall be performed within the guidelines of the department, ICAEL, and hospital policies. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors. On a rotating basis, is responsible for assigned on-call duties.
- Hospital based Doppler echocardiography, stress echo, and transesophageal echocardiography experience
- Must demonstrate 1 year imaging skills
- Active ARDMS Echo registry status. Graduate from accredited cardiac ultrasound program
- Computer application aptitude, medical equipment touchpads, obtaining blood pressures
- Must be flexible to scheduling changes including scheduled overtime
Required Certification: CERT BLS, REG ARDMS