At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Care Technician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides patient care under the direction of a physician, physicians assistant, advanced practice nurse, and/or registered nurse.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Certified nursing assistant in the state of Illinois, Medical Assistant, EMT-B, Paramedic Cert or nursing student with at least 2 clinical rotations completed.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull 50lbs.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- CNA, CMA, EMT-B, Paramedic Cert or 2 nursing clinicals
- CERT BLS