Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
We are looking for people just like you to help us achieve our mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. Our Dayton-area team of spine technology leaders needs new talent that's ready to disrupt traditional thinking, help improve lives and keep pushing the industry forward.
As an Associate EH&S Engineer, you will develop, implement, and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and internal audit framework. Maintain safety equipment inventory, perform periodic safety inspections, monitor hazardous waste removal vendors, and may assist in consolidating hazardous wastes. You will also interact with a variety of departments, and coordinate & conduct training as qualified in emergency response, hazardous material handling, & EHS programs. Liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies and internal clients regarding EHS concerns. Track and analyze incident and compliance trends. Alert the leadership team with corrective action where environmental health and safety hazards exist.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and managing site-specific EH&S policies, programs, and practices
- Assists with developing program materials to train supervisors and employees to meet safety standards and enhance the Company's safety culture
- Assists with investigations and responds to employee safety concerns, unemployment claims, and workers compensation claims to provide customer service
- Coordinates facility inspections for safety equipment , environmental compliance, and chemical managment
- Organize, conduct, and support management in program audits, inspections, and risk assessment activities.
- Consult and coordinate other professionals, including industrial hygienists, physicians, environmental engineers, and safety engineers in the resolution of complex occupational safety and health issues.
- Coordinate Safety Committee Activity.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Must have strong organizational skills to operate independently with considerable initiative, applying a high level of discretion, sound judgment, and confidentiality
- Must have knowledge of how to interpret, correlate and implement programs that maintain compliance with rules, laws, and regulations
- Rotate in an on-call schedule to respond to and resolve issues outside of normal business hours
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and 0-3 years of previous professional experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in environmental health or a related field
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel
- Strong time management skills
- OSHA 30-Hour or trainer Certification a plus
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .