At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, youll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills. Effectively communicates and collaborates with all layers of management and employee groups in diverse settings.
- Updates guidelines, process and procedures documentation to all employee programs, events and activities.
- Maintains employee inquiries within Service Now, responds to employee concerns in a timely and considerate manner, writes scripts and conducts training to aid the MyHR service team, and escalates trends to leadership.
- Designs, manages and improves and the Human Recourses NMI intranet webpages to effectively communicate with the workforce.
- Acts as a technical and informational resource for the department running reports and applying rigorous analytical skills in support of improvement projects, such as the new system-wide Apparel Program.
- Effectively communicates and builds data process solutions in partnership with HRIS and vendor IT teams.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of capital, departmental and fund budgets; identifying variances and reporting them to manager. This includes creating purchase orders and processing invoices or check requests for payment.
- Develops and builds positive relationships with external vendors.
- Schedules and coordinates employee events and activities across the healthcare system communicating with senior leadership to ensure alignment. This includes room scheduling, signage, catering, equipment, preparation and distribution of notifications such as invitations, FAQ's or scripts.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills in order to track progress, monitor timelines and provide administrative support for department initiatives.
- Adapts behaviors and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, customer needs, and unexpected outcomes.
- Builds trust with customers and team members.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity, and commitment to excellence and team building.
- Identifies key issues, trends and potential solutions to manager.
Employee Recognition Programs
- Creatively develops processes and enhancements to NM employee milestone initiatives (includes service anniversaries, annual gifts, retirement acknowledgements and employee tributes)
- Owns reporting and optimization of employee data within the milestone scope
- Coordinates the logistics of milestone gift execution including sourcing, acquisition, messaging and fulfillment of items
- Builds employee programs that foster positive engagement and a culture of appreciation
- Effectively communicates updates to leadership and employees by leveraging internal platform
- Develops and implements key metrics to measure process performance and identifies opportunities in assigned project
- Professionally represents Northwestern Medicine by attending or hosting appropriate external and internal events related to employee engagement
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years business experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in Purchase Order requisitions and invoice processing
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to serve many customers and manage multiple projects and events at the same
- Effective time management and customer service skills
- Project management knowledge and experience
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Thinks creatively and works as a collaborative team member
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft and web-page content management
- Demonstrated success in event management, communications or public relations
- Ease and comfort leading meetings and presentations
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel