A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an excellent opportunity for two Encoders at our Ridgefield, Washington packaging and distribution center! T his position performs specialized and routine label activities according to established SOP and GMP 21 CFR Part 111 requirements.
The current openings are available on our 3rd shift, which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The base rate for this position is $15.60 per hour plus 3rd shift receives a $.50 shift differential per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Keeps all product labels secure.
- Encodes the lot number and expiration date on product and/or case labels.
- Retrieves, tracks, and properly stores all labels.
- Ensures the quality of the labels upon initial receipt from the vendor or return from the production line.
- Works with Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure release of labels, as needed.
- Utilizes the Bill of Materials (BOM) system to ensure the correct label is used.
- Utilizes SAP and WMS systems to ensure correct allocating and issuing of labels to the work order.
- Fills out all necessary documentation to track usage and destruction of all labels.
- Ensures labels are properly disposed of in the shredding bins.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, GED and/or any equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Previous experience in a food or FDA regulated industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, understand, and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to perform basic math with or without the use of a calculator.
- Ability to use computer software to print, check status of, allocate, and issue labels.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze complex quality system requirements and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to sort, check count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative documentation.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts rather than opinions.
- Ability to comply with standards and procedures.
- Good understanding of 21 CFR 111 GMP for Dietary Supplement and ANSI 173.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/