At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Endoscopy Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This role is a clinically competent Endoscopy Technician who works under the supervision of the Physician and RN in delivering skilled and effective care to patients undergoing endoscopy procedures. The Endoscopy Technician is efficient and meticulous in reprocessing of Video Endoscopes, use of reprocessing machines and all related functions.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care in the ambulatory care setting under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Utilizes initiative, strives to maintain steady level of productivity.
- Assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
- Participates in the continuous quality improvement activities regarding endoscopes.
- Sets up and prepares endoscopy procedure room
- Assists the nurse in the preparation of the patient prior to and after the procedure.
- Assists the physician during endoscopy procedures
- Performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of a physician and/or nurse.
- Demonstrates support and awareness of daily schedule by expediting on time starts and efficient turnover between procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of endotherapy supplies and equipment.
- Locates, obtains, and restocks supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment.
- Uses proper patient identification procedures in transporting of patients.
- Safely transports patients by wheelchair or stretcher.
- Maintains competencies in the reprocessing of endoscopes and operating the scope washers.
- Identifies actual or potential problems with the integrity of the endoscopes and assists the charge nurse in orchestrating repair.
- Demonstrates knowledge/awareness of Infection Control
- High school graduate or equivalent
- AHA- BLS Provider Certification
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates
- Associates Program GTS
- Advanced Associates Program - AGTS
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.