Assist with the site implementation of Corporate developed environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs and systems. Implements proactive programs designed to reduce workers' compensation costs, injuries and illnesses. Develops and provides environmental, safety and health training programs to ensure employee knowledge and understanding of safety and environmental regulations and requirements. Develops and maintains a recordkeeping system so that the facility is capable of verifying compliance with all applicable regulations. Submits all required reports to the regulatory agencies on a timely basis.
- Working with manufacturing leaders, facilitates the maintenance of safe, healthy and environmentally friendly working conditions through training & educating employees in proper safety procedures, such as PPE, ergonomics and/or environmental concerns such as waste, hazard materials handling.
- Assists with the preparation of safety meeting materials, facilitating safety committee meetings, conducting site assessments for adherence to company policies and programs and compliance with state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations
- Recommends measures to reduce or eliminate industrial incidents and health hazards in compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations, assist management in conducting accident investigations.
- Conducts activities to ensure compliance with environmental terms and conditions, such as environmental permits, permit fees & recordkeeping.
- Obtains all required permits for the processes, equipment or discharges generated at the facility.
- Promptly addresses enforcement issues, accidents and control device malfunctions with the assistance of corporate EHS and legal.
- Provides technical expertise to manufacturing, engineering and facilities personnel in evaluating the environmental, safety and health aspects of manufacturing processes, chemical use and building design.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with up to 3 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to translate previous work experience in to very good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
- Able to apply very good functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to understand general business concepts and apply them when communicating with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
- Good understanding of OSHA and environmental regulations