Environmental Health & Safety Consultant
Triumvirate Environmental is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Consultant to deliver short and long term consulting and staff augmentation engagements. This individual will have a strong understanding of EH&S concepts, issues, challenges, and will be able to identify unmet issues and opportunities with resolutions, for current and new clients while ensuring to the highest level of satisfaction.
The primary goal of the Environmental Health & Safety Consultant is to protect client employees, their contractors and customers and to safeguard the work and surrounding environment.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Measure occupational and environmental hazards, such as noise or radiation, using calibrated scientific equipment and/or collecting samples of dust, vapors or gases according to a defined operating procedure. Measure the effectiveness of engineered control systems such as fume hoods.
- Participate in the inspection and examination of machinery and equipment, such as lifting devices, machine guards, or scaffolding.
- Conduct workplace safety inspections according to a defined procedure, evaluating the use of personal protective equipment, such as respirators, respirators, protective eyewear, or hardhats, according to applicable regulations. These inspections of the workplace will involve talking with workers and observing their work.
- Identify potential accident and health hazards, such as toxic vapors, mold, mildew, and explosive gas-air mixtures and help implement appropriate control measures, such as adjustments to ventilation systems.
- Help investigate accidents and injuries, identifying causes and recommending remedial action.
- Communicate with Client personnel regarding workplace safety issues, recommending corrective actions.
- Conduct routine EHS safety trainings such as new employee orientation, hazard communication, fork truck trainings, without supervision.
- Write reports, including accident reports, and enter information on required Occupational Safety and Health Administration recordkeeping forms.
- Assist in the development of specific areas of occupational health and safety systems, including drafting or updating policies, procedures, and manuals.
- 2 - 4 years working experience in an EH&S capacity with at least one of those years as a profession advisor and/or consultant to third party clients.
- Bachelor\u2019s degree or above in occupational health, safety, or a related scientific field, such as biology, chemistry or engineering.
- Completed two or more industry-recognized trainings (OSHA 10 or 30, ABSA, HAZWOPER, DOT/IATA HAZMAT Transportation).
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- Active member in at least one national professional safety organization including local chapters.
- Working towards meeting the requirements of and obtaining one professional designation/certification (CSP, CHMM, CIH, etc.).
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Triumvirate offers a competitive employee-focused benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- 401(K) retirement savings plan.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Pet assistance program.
- Gym membership discounts and health and wellness reimbursements.
- Discounted movie tickets.
- And more!
For further information on Triumvirate, our corporate culture, and our benefits package, please check us out and apply at www.triumvirate.com
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans encouraged to apply. Triumvirate is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug-free workplace.
Safety is a priority here at Triumvirate Environmental. To learn more about emergency response preparedness, click here to read our blog!