GovExec Events seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and service-minded Events Manager to join our team. Events that GovExec executes include webcasts, roundtables, editorial series, workshops, summits and virtual conferences. As the Events Manager, you will be a critical player in managing a portfolio of in-person and digital event experiences for the public sector. The event manager will see events through from conceptualization through execution, in addition to supporting colleagues on their events. This position reports to the Senior Director of Events.
- Manage a portfolio of in-person and digital experiences including, but not limited to:
- Roundtables and small-group conversations with industry and government leaders
- Webcasts with 150+ viewers
- In-person and digital workshops with 100+ attendees with 5-10 event sponsors
- In-person and digital summits featuring live streamed sessions, experiential networking opportunities, and multiple underwriters/sponsors
- In-person multi-day conferences, with 500+ attendees
- Digital TV programs, recorded in a modern production facility
- Custom white label event projects
- Serve as the event’s project manager, owning the program timeline and daily communications with: clients; internal executives, staff, and colleagues; relevant speakers ,program participants, vendors and other external partners
- Lead execution team development and day-of management for each event
- Manage individual event budgets to maintain favorable profit margin
- Manage shared calendars, spreadsheets, and project trackers updated with current and accurate data.
- Identify innovative new means to grow GovExec’s impact with all constituents throughout the event planning lifecycle.
- Source venues and manage on site logistics for events
- Manage F&B and AV orders in collaboration with project manager
- Serve as day-of contact for venue logistics
- Travel to local DMV in-person events as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ year of relevant experience
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response
- Relationship builder coupled with strong persuasive writing and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Creative and strategic thinker with emphasis on customer service to meet client objectives for an event
GovExec’s data and insights set the standard for depth, accuracy, and impact for government leaders and contractors. As the market-leading information and intent-based marketing platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Our strategic sales enablement and intent-based marketing solutions accelerate revenue growth to fuel market success. The platform is powered by the largest and most sophisticated database in the public sector, GovExec’s platform reaches 3.3 million government influencers each month and provides its marketing clients with a significant competitive advantage in driving higher conversion and growth.
Working at GovExec
At GovExec, we believe that a new era of work -- particularly when, where, and how it gets done -- has arrived. We are building a hybrid workplace that allows for greater freedom and flexibility while also fostering a collaborative culture, no matter where you are working. GovExec offers permanent remote work in 20+ states across the US, as well as the option to work out of one of our offices based in Washington DC, New York or San Diego. GovExec also offers a range of great benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Open time off policy
- Twelve weeks paid parental leave
- Supportive, collaborative teams
- Unique opportunity to help government officials from a private sector company
- Expansive learning and development opportunities
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
The compensation range for this role is $65,000 to $72,000 including bonus potential.
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates ("GovExec") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.