This is a critical leadership role within the department and a key leader within External Affairs and BCBSA. The ED is a thought leader, expert and decision maker on all things related to effectively measuring BCBS brand health across audiences, distilling actionable insights, and fielding custom research to inform key initiatives and programs. The ED is accountable for leading a Brand Insights measurement program evolution encompassing ongoing longitudinal brand health tracking/monitoring/reporting (today, this is the Brand Strength Measure or BSM program), leveraging insights from the recently completed Brand Positioning study, ad hoc research to distill insights to support priority initiatives, as well as building recommendations for a new program to measure consumer experience (revisiting measures like NPS and CSAT as well as MTM (Member Touchpoint Measure). For CX, this leader will be responsible for partnering with a cross-functional team including Marketing, CX and Market Solutions as the program owner for MTM to revisit what and how we evolve KPIs for CX vs. what operational KPIs we maintain as it relates to our License agreements. The ED is also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Insights leaders across the BCBS system providing thought leadership, sharing best practices, and pooling resources to tackle shared challenges.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The ED will be expected to revisit all programs related to measuring brand health and experience, making recommendations to evolve our programs to incorporate changes related to the national BCBS Brand Positioning, improve ability to drive actionable insights, leverage more predictive analytics, and to incorporate more robust measures for CX. This scope has Board of Directors visibility and is a core Project objective within one of the system's four strategic pillars (Member Experience). This scope requires extensive collaboration, intellectual curiosity, substantial brand and marketing expertise, and team and agency/vendor management.
- Lead Ad Hoc research to support priority enterprise initiatives distilling actionable insights to support the Brands and Plans (E.g. Age-in study for campaign brief, studies related to brand regulations, support for CX programs).
- Responsible for Concept/Message/Copy Testing research related to campaign concepts, message points and/or post-production copy-testing across consumer audiences, business-decision maker audiences, providers, as well as policy influences and policy makers. Programs for this latter audience are growing and scope will be increasing in 2022 and beyond.
- Lead and develop staff by managing resources effectively, encourage staff development, provide critical review and feedback. Demonstrated ability to develop team to advance. Attentive to succession needs.
- Responsible for fostering/ nurturing Plan Insights/ Research community for best practice & intelligence sharing across the BCBS system.
- Support Marketing initiatives driven through the governance cycle, helping to shape, lead and create content for Board of Directors/BEPC deliverables slated for 2022 in support of key strategic pillars.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 15 years related brand/marketing research, insights and analytics experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, decision quality and ability to create vision for her/his team in complex, ambiguous situations
- Applied understanding of research design, analytics, insights distillation, marketing strategies and best practices
- Up to speed on the latest trending research methodologies as it relates to brand, brand health, member experience and insights distillation
- Exceptional strategic acumen, intellectually curious
- Strong analytical skills and experience w primary research, panels, data sources/uses
- Strong ability to distill actionable insights and unearth learnings
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain business relationships
- Must be able to present oral and written arguments in a convincing, organized manner, leading to successful negotiations and proficient presentations
- An effective consensus builder, with the ability to partner with clients and work through strategic and complex issues to arrive at value added conclusions which address business needs
- Experience in effectively directing staff in achieving stated objectives, as well as successfully developing staff
- Executive level communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Marketing, Market Research or related degree
- Agency experience
- Experience building high-performing, collaborative and engaged teams
- Agency and vendor management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics