Job Description Summary
The Executive Director, Cyber Threat Intelligence combines deep technical expertise with an ability to lead across the BlueCross BlueShield system to deliver an advanced cyber threat intelligence service. You will lead a team of highly proficient technical resources within Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) to work across 30+ individual BCBS Plans to curate, collect, and disseminate healthcare and Blue-specific strategic and tactical cyber threat intelligence information. As a senior security leader, you'll bring your knowledge of mature cyber threat intelligence programs and operations to bear to create practical understanding of the cyber threat landscape to enhance prevention, detection, and response capabilities across the Blue system. You will work closely across a distributed security community to evolve and advance cyber threat information collection and analysis processes, develop technical solutions that empower threat intelligence analysts with actionable and relevant threat information, and serve as trusted advisor and partner in shaping cybersecurity operational practices and strategic initiatives based on cyber threat intelligence. You'll effectively and concisely communication technical information to non-technical stakeholders, including executive audiences, to brief them on the business and technical aspects of the changing threat landscape to the healthcare industry and the collective Blue System. You'll put your understanding of detailed technical systems and cyber threats to good use to shape the strategic direction, prioritize investments, and champion continuous improvement initiatives across BCBS cybersecurity programs. You'll be empowered to serve as a thought leader within the BCBSA security leadership and strategic partner to over 30 CISOs and their teams to improve cybersecurity across the entire healthcare industry. You'll also have the opportunity to work with industry associations, ISACs, and the broader cyber threat intelligence community in representing the BlueCross Blue Shield Association and Plans related to cyber threat intelligence expertise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define and execute against short and long-term cyber threat intelligence strategic plan and roadmap. Deliver cyber threat intelligence capabilities that provide added value to Blue Plan security teams through adoption of advanced threat services throughout the BlueCross BlueShield system.
- Lead the development and execution of the cyber threat intelligence communications plan to brief the Board, executive leaders, CISOs, and technical teams on the state of threats facing the healthcare sector and the Blue system. Gain stakeholder buy-in and support for cyber threat intelligence initiatives and objectives through effective communications, influencing, and domain knowledge.
- Oversee the evolution and operation of an advanced technology platform and processes to enable cyber threat intelligence analysts and facilitate information sharing across Blue Plans. Advance the technical solutions used to deliver cyber threat intelligence at-scale through understanding of adversary motives and capabilities with deep technical knowledge of cyber threat detection and response to enable the application of threat intelligence.
- Establish and continuously improve a network of threat intelligence sources. Curate relationships with industry sources, third-party providers, external advisors, and subject matter experts to drive a coordinated approach to intelligence collection, analysis, and dissemination.
- Promote staff development through coaching, training, projects, job sharing, career development plans, and continual development opportunities. This includes leading performance discussions and taking disciplinary actions when as necessary.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Technology or related field
- 12 years experience in IT/information security experience with a combined technical focus and minimum 5 years in a technical oriented leadership role.
- Experience in leading technical teams of at least 4 persons; hiring, developing, building a collective team-oriented culture, and working across other teams to create community and drive team outcomes.
- Track record of defining strategic direction, overseeing project / initiative execution, and articulating and achieving outcomes in a matrixed organization• Experience in implementing and managing cyber threat intelligence technologies and associated processes.
- Demonstrated detailed technical knowledge of threat actor motives, targets, and tactics and how to investigate, mitigate and defend against them.
- Experience in, or in managing a team delivering original research and custom intelligence collections and reporting.
- Experience in managing Information Security budgets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to address both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Capable of documenting and explaining technical details/efforts in a concise, actionable manner.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analysis skills.
- Ability to present to top management, corporate committees, and workgroups and to communicate on all aspects of cyber threat intelligence concepts.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization and cross-functionally across technical and non-technical teams. Achieves results through followership and ability to influence.
- Demonstrated ability making operational decisions, monitoring progress and reporting results by effectively dealing with ambiguity.
Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience
- Master's degree MBA or MS degree
- CISSP, CISM, GCTI, CTIA, GCIH and/or other relevant certifications.
People Management - Yes
For Colorado job seekers:
P ay Range