This is critical leadership role within the department and a key leader within External Affairs and BCBSA. The ED is a thought leader, expert and decision maker on all things related to the effective use of the Blue Cross Blue Shield brand for the Association as well as BCBS Plans. The role encompasses oversight for B2C Marketing, B2B Marketing, Paid Media and Brand Enhancement & Protection.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead B2C and general brand marketing activities that includes Brand Positioning, brand identity and design, as well as enabling implementation through the BCBS Brand Center (brand portal), and advertising (creative, content marketing & production); also provide marketing & advertising support for public affairs activities partnering closely with the Communications team.
- Lead B2B marketing team with scope that includes both product/program sales enablement marketing materials partnering closely with Market Solutions, as well as management of the B2B marketing collaborative with BCBS Plans that focuses on content marketing campaigns, research and best practice sharing.
- Oversee paid media for B2C, B2B, Communications and Public Affairs campaigns.
- Oversee Brand enhancement & protection initiatives partnering closely with Brand Counsel, including brand use regulations and co-branding review process ensuring Plans and BCBSA staff to use the Brands in ways that both help BCBS Plans expand and strengthen their branded business and protect the strength of the Brands and the BCBS system.
- Lead and develop staff by managing resources effectively, encourage staff development, provide critical review and feedback. Demonstrated ability to develop team to advance. Attentive to succession needs.
- Support Marketing initiatives driven through the governance cycle, helping to shape, lead and create content for Board level deliverables.
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree - Related discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 15 years related marketing experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, decision quality and ability to create vision for her/his team in complex, ambiguous situations
- Applied understanding of marketing strategies and best practices
- Exceptional strategic acumen, intellectually curious
- Strong analytical skills and experience w data sources/uses
- Strong creative intuition
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain business relationships
- Must be able to present oral and written arguments in a convincing, organized manner, leading to successful negotiations and proficient presentations
- An effective consensus builder, with the ability to partner with clients and work through strategic and complex issues to arrive at value added conclusions which address business needs
- Experience in effectively directing staff in achieving stated objectives, as well as successfully developing staff
- Executive level communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Masters Degree - Marketing Degree
- Experience building high-performing, collaborative and engaged teams
- Agency management experience
- Franchise or Licensee/Licensor experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics