Provide support to the facility rental team. Respond to inquiries regarding facility rentals at The Morton Arboretum. Assist with preparing correspondence and the weekly schedule. Work with departments to ensure that events are executed successfully.
- Assist as necessary with telephone and email inquiries regarding the facility rental program.
- Assist with the preparation of the weekly schedule, event agreements, and other correspondence.
- Prepare and finalize event diagrams.
- Assist with group menu tastings.
- Support supervisor as needed to ensure events meet the highest standards.
- Assist as necessary with greeting clients and showing facilities.
- Ensure top-quality customer service to facility rental clients through the entire sales cycle, from initial inquiry through post event details.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma required. Associate’s degree preferred. 1 years professional experience required. Previous work experience in a hospitality environment preferred. Knowledge of customer service practices and familiarity with standard catering concepts and knowledge desired. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications, and calendar software programs beneficial.
- verbal and written communication skills. Highly organized, detail-oriented professional with resourcefulness to handle multiple tasks and last-minute customer requests. Proficient and accurate with record-keeping and the ability to work under time constraints and manage their work with frequent interruptions. Customer service oriented individual who is able to relate effectively with people of various cultural backgrounds and experience. Energized by public contact and interactions and provide a positive, welcoming manner. Ability to handle confidential information. Demonstrate a genuine interest in learning and promoting the subject matter of the Arboretum.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Physical Demands: Occasional standing and walking to show facilities. Work requires some physical activity: limited lifting and carrying (up to 30 lbs.).
· Work Environment: Fast-paced office environment and some event locations (indoor and outdoor) around the Arboretum.
· Equipment: General office equipment.
· Schedule: Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
The Morton Arboretum is an equal opportunity employer – disability/veteran.