Financial Aid Specialist (Temp PT)
Position Title: Financial Aid Specialist (Temp PT)
Department: Financial Aid
Campus: West Hills Center
Additional Information: This is a temporary part-time 25 hours/week position. This is a temporary part-time position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost.
Day and hours (for hourly position): Monday and Tuesday; 8:00 am - 1:00 pm Wednesday; 11:00 am - 7:00 pm Thursday; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Salary Grade: Hourly Wage
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
Job Slot: N/A
Job Open Date: 10/26/2018
Requirements: Bachelor's degree required. One to two years of financial aid experience including knowledge of financial aid regulations and programs preferred. Must possess strong customer service skills and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population. Computer literacy to include Microsoft Office products and financial aid information systems highly desired. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague system preferred.
General Summary: Provide guidance to students on the various types of financial aid and the requirements to receive it. In particular this position will oversee the requirements for the Pittsburgh Promise Program and the verification process. Provide information to students regarding federal, state and alternative funding sources. Work collaboratively with Enrollment Services Areas in support of the recruitment and retention goals of the College.
• Coordinates coverage for the front counter.
• Serves as central point of contact for individuals coming into the FA Office. Responsible for troubleshooting issues and concerns then providing avenues for resolution.
• Completes the verification process for student paperwork received.
• Ensure financial aid requirements for the Pittsburgh Promise Program.
• Provides guidance to interested parties about the process of applying for financial aid.
• Assists students and parents with completing the necessary forms for securing funding for the semester.
• Provides guidance on Financial Aid satisfactory academic progress and the financial ramifications of not making progress towards a degree.
• Provides student loan information to all students and specialized assistance to students in danger of losing their financial aid eligibility due to not meeting SAP; and those whose aid has been suspended and are interested in how to have it reinstated.
• Assists students with understanding financial aid information for transfer to other colleges and universities.
• Assists the Director with the delivery and development of activities and workshops designed to support the College's recruitment and retention goals.
• Provides general Financial Aid direction to community organizations outside of CCAC who are interested in learning more about the subject of financial aid.
• Assists with the training of Financial Aid work study students and new financial aid staff.
• Helps revise financial aid marketing materials and on line documents and information for the new financial aid year.
• Participates in Professional Development activities as assigned by the Campus Director.
• Serves in the capacity of Campus Director of FA in the absence of the Campus Director.
• Travels to other sites to assist at other campuses or centers as necessary.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: http://apptrkr.com/1367317
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.