At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Financial Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for recording transactions, performing analysis activities, and evaluating trends and drivers at Northwestern Medicine. The position will also be charged with the preparation and some review activities related to the month end close process; as well as support for the annual financial statement audit. The analyst will need to understand complex financial concepts in a fast paced environment.
- Meet financial objectives by identifying and evaluating trends, analyzing variances, and initiating any corrective actions or adjustments.
- Prepare reconciliations, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions on transactions with a high degree of complexity in support for finance and operating departments.
- Assist with contract modeling utilizing StrataJazz
- Perform revenue analytics and contract audits utilizing StrataJazz, EPIC and other systems.
- Perform various contract modeling scenarios to support commercial payer negotiations
- Regularly prepare commercial payer activity reports including volume and yield analyses
- Provide support for annual price increase analytics and rate updates for commercial payers
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and accounting skills.
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Healthcare finance experience.
- Experience utilizing Stratajazz applicationparticularly in ad hoc reporting, contract analytics, and dashboards
- Knowledge of Epic Resolute Billing and experience in running reports
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.