The Financial Analyst is responsible for performing analyses and evaluating trends and drivers at Northwestern Medicine. The analyst will need to understand complex financial concepts in a fast paced environment and meet financial objectives by analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions or adjustments in support of finance and operating departments.
- Support the organization-wide budget process by p erforming detailed review of budget submissions and proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain key information populated in the budget system used for various budget calculations as well as perform troubleshooting activities.
- Analyz e , track, and present major components of the budget including fringe benefit, insurance, depreciation, volume, capacity, payor mix, revenue deduction, and inflation assumptions.
- Perform financial analysis that compares budgets and proposals to targets. Create board materials and presentations to be used during the budget approval process. Prepar e and deploy status reports to key users that provide meaningful information on projects, budgets and budget variances, statistics, and productivity.
- Provide training and education, as needed to management and staff outside of Finance. Work with others throughout the organization (including all levels of management) to answer inquiries, provide information, troubleshoot problems, and complete various financial analysis projects.
- Maintain data definitions and structure in management reporting system used throughout the organization. Reconcile input data from ERP, payroll, and other financial systems.
- Build and update reports based on the needs of business leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
E OE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Degree in Finance / Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and accounting skills.
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Public Accounting experience. CPA or CHFP certification.
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Healthcare finance experience.