This position is responsible for providing back-office financial services for financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, and analysis delivered to the client groups. Serves a key role in the financial reporting process including monthly and custom revenue & expense reporting, resource tracking and time allocation reporting, Plan data reporting, invoice tracking & reconciliation reporting, vendor commitment reporting, as well as budget approval forms and monthly accruals. Provides analytical support to FP&A projects as assigned to help contribute to the successful operation of the various client business units supported. Works collaboratively with members of Finance, Sourcing & Vendor Management, and various levels of management within their assigned business units.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Prepare and analyze various financial reports and forms to support specific business units, fully comprehending underlying data. Reports could include:
- Monthly and custom financial reporting for certain business units. This could include expense and revenue variance reporting, vendor spend against contracts, vendor savings, resource modeling, monthly dashboard reporting including performance metrics, business metrics, core cost goals and benchmarks
- Plan data reporting, including monthly claims count for revenue tracking and ad hoc Plan and internal requests.
- Budget-related forms supporting the sourcing and vendor management / procurement process. This includes independently researching and collaborating with Finance and various business units' staff and management in order to determine if appropriate budget is available and coded to the appropriate project and funding source
Develop and support budgets, revenue/expense forecasts, and capital projections within assigned business units, which includes the following:
- Development and utilization of effective financial modeling to collect, streamline, analyze, monitor and communicate financial results to management, for their representation to senior leadership / executives.
- Perform monthly and ad hoc reporting and monitoring as well as value-added analysis to various levels of staff and management (e.g. variances, accruals, trends, and metrics).
Respond and resolve various ad-hoc financial requests and customer service issues, including but not limited to:
- Resource modeling, trend reporting, project code set up and monitoring, rush budget forms, ad-hoc analysis, invoice reconciliation, vendor commitment tracking, change requests, accrual analysis, billing inquiries, and customer training.
- Develop, maintain and foster financial communications with multi-departmental management and amongst the Finance team.
Other Job Functions:
- Perform ad hoc analyses or financial modeling in support of a priority project. Experience effectively dealing with ambiguity is desired.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of all financial data is accurate by performing all required cross-checks
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related business discipline
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated work experience in financial planning & analysis or financial reporting
- Competency in quality assurance with ability to perform required cross-checks to ensure the quality and accuracy of financial data
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Work experience within similar environment
- Previous experience using financial/accounting systems including PeopleSoft, Hyperion, and Tableau
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics