The System Business Analyst will demonstrate critical thinking in order to provide hospital departments with the tools, technology, and applications to access clinical, financial and administrative information on a timely basis. The analyst will develop and maintain enterprise data repositories to support the hospital's critical planning, management, and decision-making activities. The analyst will work both independently and together with a multi-skilled team while developing positive working relationships with colleagues and consultancies.
- Assists the Program Manager / Senior Analyst and takes direction in identify, coordinate and ensure integrity of utilization data for Northwestern Medicine, including patient demographics, utilization, physician and hospital services and locations.
- Prepares presentation materials and supporting schedules/reports to support operational leadership including the verification of completeness and accuracy.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications, eliminating duplication, and coordinating information requirements: Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications. Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Liaises with IT department regarding the automation of reporting.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team.
- Consistently delivers concrete, relevant results.
- Displays qualities of resiliency and resourcefulness while thinking strategically and practically when problem solving.
- In addition to results orientation, displays business knowledge, speed and decisiveness, and project management.
- Assists in system policy and procedure compliance: Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures. Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT concerns regarding reporting from EMR system and other decision support tools.
- Assists Program Manager / Senior Analyst developing materials in training other finance and decision support team members.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, adopting and implementing industry best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial and patient information confidential.
- Support the finance operations of Northwestern Medicine.
- Degree in Finance or related field. 3+ years in IT, Accounting, or Finance capacity.
- Requires high attention to detail, strong communication, collaboration, and analytical skills.
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Moderate knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Masters degree in Healthcare Management, Business, MIS, Data Analytics, or related field.
- IT Certifications. EPIC Certification (Clarity Report Data).
- Healthcare finance experience.