Southeast Gas has an immediate opening for General Accountant at its Andalusia Office.
Responsibilities for the job include:
- Responsible for preparing and verifying monthly journal entry preparation for general accounting.
- Responsible for account transactions, reconciliation, computing, handling and maintaining multiple spreadsheets within Microsoft Excel.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly closings and assisting in analyzing and compilation of annual budgets.
- Responsible for assisting the Budget & Reporting Manager in preparing financial statements.
- Responsible for presenting timely information and complying with financial policies and procedures.
- Performs related work as assigned by the Budget & Reporting Manger and/or Director of Finance & Administration, CFO.
Requirements for the job include:
- Ability to operate computerized accounting software and general office equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with many different individuals and groups.
- In depth knowledge of accounting functions and Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to learn and develop skills in natural gas transactions as needed.
- Physical demands include sitting, reading and viewing data and computer screen for extended periods of time as well as the use of various office equipment in an office environment.
- B. S. degree in accounting or related field; Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Three to five years accounting experience.
- Competitive pay.
- Generous vacation and sick leave accruals.
- Employer-paid health insurance for employee (100%) and family coverage (77%).
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability plan.
- Employer-paid life insurance (2 times salary).
- Employer-paid retirement (5% base pay).
- 457 deferred compensation plan with employer match (5%).