At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Health Unit Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs unit-based reception, clerical, medical record and patient registration functions.
- Is capable of setting priorities and handling emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Is customer oriented and able to communicate with all levels of staff and patients and their families.
- Serves as liaison between patient care units and all other patient related departments.
- Manages the overall unit workflow in concert with the charge RN and/or assistant manager.
- Flexibility to float to multiple units.
- Night shift - ability to walk to multiple units during the shift.
- Minimum of 1 year's experience as a hospital unit secretary.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.