At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Financial Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for recording transactions, performing analysis activities, and evaluating healthcare trends and drivers at Northwestern Medicine. The position will also be charged with the preparation and some review activities related to the month end close process; as well as support for the annual financial statement audit. The analyst will need to understand complex financial healthcare concepts in a fast paced environment.
- Meet financial objectives by identifying and evaluating healthcare trends, analyzing variances, and initiating any corrective actions or adjustments.
- Prepare reconciliations, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions on transactions with a high degree of complexity in support for finance and operating departments.
- Assists in system wide initiatives, including data aggregation for regulatory surveys, data implementations, and the development of system wide reporting.
- Assists and supports in abstracting and reviewing of healthcare related data for review andinterpretation in thefinancial decisions of the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and accounting skills.
- High level of precision and attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Public Accounting experience.
- CPA or CHFP certification.
- Experience with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Healthcare finance experience.
- Understanding of healthcare decision support systems
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.