Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
The Repair Technician position is part of the Surgical Intelligence Servicing Team that supports servicing of electronic medical equipment used during spine surgery. The position coordinates closely with the Operations Team, Development Team, Marketing Team, and Quality Assurance Team. The principal responsibility of the Repair Technician position is to perform test and repair procedures for electronic medical equipment. Detailed documentation of servicing activities and inventory transactions is imperative.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair electronic medical equipment
- Operate computer-controlled automated electronic test equipment
- Follow all Regulatory and Safety requirements
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485
- Follow all current standard operating procedures
- Draft and release new standard operating procedures
- Communicate with management on a daily basis with regards to operational issues and improvements
- Applicant must have the ability to perform all the above responsibilities with minimal supervision
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Able to work independently (experience preferred)
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment
- Independent Learner
- Adept at interacting with customers
- Certified solderer or electronic assembly inspector
- Knowledgeable about medical device servicing requirements: Regulatory (FDA), Industry Standards (ISO, ASTM, IPC), Business (SOP, WI, DP, DWG, PSP)
- Outstanding quality standards
- Proficient in installing, assembling, configuring, & maintaining PC/electrical devices
- Skilled in safely and adequately diagnosing, resolving, and documenting common hardware and software issues
- Understand network protocol to deploy software and image updates easily
Computer Skills: Strong computer literacy. Experience with Windows OS (7, 8 & 10). Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). Experience installing and maintaining computer networks.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups within the organization.
Reasoning/ Troubleshooting Ability: Candidate must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Candidate must possess the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- 2-year college degree, technical coursework or AS Technical degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in electronics assembly, test, and repair; or equivalent combination of education and experience
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .