This is a part-time House Supervisor scheduled to work 24 hours a week, 48 hours biweekly from 10:30pm-7:00am at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital in Wheaton.
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, part of Northwestern Medicine, is a 127-bed teaching hospital located in Wheaton, Illinois. Dedicated to the delivery of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Marianjoy offers specialty programs for adult and pediatric patients recovering from illness or who require intensive therapy to regain their function and independence. Marianjoy rehabilitation programs include care for brain injury, spinal cord, orthopedic/musculoskeletal, stroke and neuromuscular. Marianjoy also has inpatient and outpatient pediatric rehabilitation programs and is one of the only Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)-accredited pain management programs in Illinois.
Acts as the administrative nursing liaison in the absence of the Director of Nursing and Vice President (VP) of Nursing/Clinical Support. Responsible for the nursing activities and associated patient care issues, within a designated shift or time. Responsible for adequate staffing of nursing personnel. Provides education for quality patient care and to elevate the knowledge level of nursing in delivering care, under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Educator, Clinical Nurse Specialist and VP nursing. Represents nursing administration as the lead person in the event of any hospital emergency situation.
- Monitors nursing staffing, operational and care needs, to assure resources available to provide quality patient care, within a specified shift or time frame.
- Provides direct supervision of nursing staff, within a specified time frame or shift, including scheduling and evaluations.
- Assists with interviews for positions in the nursing department in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Provides staff feedback & competency assessments on an annual basis.
- Ensures employees adherence to standards of performance. Provides feedback to employees regarding performance of job duties or adherence to standards of conducts and initiates formal counseling action when necessary.
- Develops implements and upholds department and organization policies and procedures. Recommends changes to policies and procedures to the Director of Nursing, when appropriate.
- Develops and coordinates performance improvement activities for assigned staff. Participates, or designates appropriate staff to participate, on process improvement teams.
- Assists the Director and VP of Nursing in devising an appropriate budget, according to the organization's strategic objectives. Implements and supports finalized budget recommendations.
- Plans and implements professional growth activities for staff. Assures staff compliance with mandatory education and training requirements.
- Coordinates and leads all emergency or non-routine events, within a specified time frame or shift.
- Acts as conduit between nursing administration and staff and as a resource for customer issues.
- Adheres to standards consistent with Marianjoy's mission, vision and values
- Educates trains and supports staff on necessary procedures, changes and operational issues to assure quality care delivery and policy adherence.
- Provides direct nursing care, as needed, under the guidelines of the Professional Nurse Job description.
- With the assistance of assigned financial staff, reviews periodic financial statements and reports, and makes changes in resource allocation, spending, and other relevant business activity, to ensure the financial viability and budget compliance.
- Supports and adheres to the financial controls and related policies and procedures of NM, and ensures that administrative and business activities are conducted in support of operational excellence.
- With the support of and in coordination with Human Resources and Organization Development function, maintains positive personnel relations and strives to make NM an employer of choice by ensuring that associate questions and concerns are addressed responsively.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations and adherence to NM HR/OD policies and procedures.
- Ensures that performance management programs for staff and physicians are effectively administered and that all staff receives on-going feedback and coaching on job performance, competencies, values-based behaviors and developmental needs
- Ensures that policies and procedures of NM regarding corporate compliance and privacy of patient and associate information are observed.
- Personally models professional confidentiality and discretion in all communications and exchanges of information.
- Carries out normal supervisory duties and responsibilities, such as interviewing and hiring subordinates, conducting performance appraisals and granting merit pay increases, adjudicating requests for time off or other associate requests, adjudicating formal grievances or responding to other individual associate concerns, recognizing associate accomplishments, etc.
- Carries out other duties and special assignments as delegated by the supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree: BSN Preferred
- 5-7 years of experience
- Current Illinois RN license; CRRN preferred