At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Housekeeping Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Cleans patient rooms, surgical areas, ancillary service areas, offices and waiting areas according to established policy, using the hospital approved cleaning chemicals and disinfectants.
- Terminally cleans patient rooms at discharge and performs duties to make the room ready for next patient.
- Uses the Epic, Rauland, and Interactive Voice Response programs to receive and indicate the status of discharge and operating rooms being cleaned.
- Performs between case/patient cleaning in the operating rooms and emergency rooms.
- Monitors the inventory of supplies such as paper towels, soap, toilet paper & hand sanitizer throughout hospital, replenishes as needed.
- Vacuums carpeted surfaces, dust and damp mops hard surface floors.
- Performs periodic and deep cleaning on all types of floor surfaces to include; hard floor scrubbing, burnishing, refinishing, and carpet cleaning.
- Washes walls, blinds, lights and similar surface areas and hangs cubicles and shower curtains.
- Responds to emergency request to include; the cleanup of spills, blood and body fluids.
- Handles and disposes of waste to include; general, recycling, medical waste, sharps, hazardous, pharmaceutical & special.
- Operates various types of cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers, carpet extractors, upholstery cleaners, vacuums and burnishers.
- Maintains all cleaning equipment and supplies according to prescribed standards.
- Evaluates and monitors the interior of the hospital for areas or items needing repair (i.e., floor tiles, carpet, paint, furniture) and reporting items to the appropriate department for repair.
- Responds to needs such as the moving, placing and storage of furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Provides for meeting set-ups and audio/visual equipment for the hospital's and community's many educational programs and other activities.
- Interacts with clinical areas regarding patient needs, discharges and admissions to ensure continuity of service.
- Cleans equipment and storage areas; ensures work areas and equipment are left in a neat and organized condition.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand basic oral work instructions and communicate basic job-related problems in English.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.