Assist in the implementation and administration of Human Resource programs including maintaining confidential personnel information, preparing reports, record maintenance, employee relations, recruitment and benefits. May perform HR Generalist duties as required.
- Assist Managers/Supervisors/Employees in maintaining accurate employee information in the HRIS. (i.e. wages, promotions, shift changes, address changes, transfers, bank accounts, employee addresses, etc.)
- File and maintain all personnel files including new hire information, hourly performance evaluations, and medical records.
- Prepare and Set up all new employee files, paperwork for terminated employees, and worker's compensation files.
- Prepare correspondence reports and special projects that are related to Human Resources.
- Assist the Human Resources department in providing prompt and accurate guidance to employees regarding all benefit programs including timely orientation and enrollment. This includes assisting employees who may be experiencing problems.
- Handle various telephone duties in a courteous and business-like manner. This includes routing incoming calls, placing calls for others in the department and taking messages.
- Promote and work as a team member with all departments of LSC Communications to build continual improvements.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
- Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
- Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.