This position is responsible for assisting the HR department with day-to-day administrative activities. General duties shall include, but not be limited to, Staffing, Benefits Administration, Leave Administration/Coordination and Employee Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates and obtains approvals for all Staffing Requisitions
- Maintain Requisition Log
- Posts Open Positions through our ATS
- Administers Background Checks (Previous Employment, DMV, Criminal, etc.) and post-offer physicals and drug tests
- Responsible for the recruiting process (i.e. screening resumes, conducting telephone interviews, setting appointments with candidates and managers, forwarding information to recruiters, etc.)
- Assist with in-person interviews
- Prepares recruiting reports as needed and tracks turnover rates
- Onboarding of new hires and ensures that all new hire paperwork is completed and enters all pertinent information in HRIS system
- Submit New Hires into On-Boarding PowerApp
- Conducts New Hire Orientations
- Process termination paperwork
- Ensures that terminated employees are updated in the ADP system by notifying and forwarding all termination paperwork to the proper departments
- Ensures terminated employees are removed from group benefit plan(s) in a timely manner and submits COBRA information to the COBRA TPA
- Submit terminations, including temporaries, into On-Boarding PowerApp
- Ensure Exit Questionnaires are provided to employees prior to exit interview
- Performs Exit Interviews
- Conducts Benefit Enrollment Meetings with New Hires (one month before effective date of insurance plans)
- Assist employees in making benefit elections into HRIS system
- Assists management with the Annual Insurance Open Enrollment preparation and implementation
- Verify all benefit data entered into HRIS system
- Maintains employee files electronically
- Keeps the HR shared drive organized
Leave of Absence Management:
- Ensures that proper forms and notifications are provided to employee
- Assists in tracking LOA's and ensures that the Payroll Manager is kept current on employee leave/return-to-work status
- Keeps employee's manager and HR Management updated on the status of employees who are on LOA's (W/C or Disability Leave)
- Acts as witness and documents discussions during counseling sessions for employees with continuing performance issues
- Assists in counseling employees regarding interpersonal disputes with co-workers or managers
- Assists in conducting internal investigations as needed
Other HR Duties:
- Prepare reports as needed (such as Boise Overtime report for Director of Operations on a bi-weekly basis, Organization Charts and Strategic headcount on a monthly basis)
- Assist the HR Department with company functions such as town hall meetings, annual picnic, company luncheons, holiday events, and onsite flu shots
- Process and audit invoices pertaining to background screening, agency invoices and other miscellaneous HR invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BA Degree in Human Resources desired
- 3 years of direct HR experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software/technology with ease
- ADP Workforce Now experience is a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization in a clear and unbiased manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- General knowledge of labor laws
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and climb stairs or ladders as required by company site to perform daily work duties such as safety inspections, training, HRIS updates, etc.
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to see and hear (with or without corrective devices) in a manner which will allow the employee to perform the essential functions in a safe and proficient manner.
Multiquip provides competitive pay and benefits and supports our employees through our values of safety, integrity and respect.
Employment is subject to pre-employment physical, drug-screening and background investigation. E-Verify (www.dhs.gov/E-Verify) is used to verify a candidates' legal right to work in the U.S.
Multiquip Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.