Responsible for overall management and adherence to human resources policies, initiatives and operations for assigned locations within the Catalog, Magazine and Retail business unit. Disseminate Corporate human resources policies and initiatives to the local HR Managers for implementation in the respective locations. Ensure the Management teams are following protocol and adherence to policy in all functional HR areas including employee relations, recruiting & staffing, hiring and terminations, employee safety, workers compensation, training and development, and the administration and communication of compensation and employee benefit programs. Responsible for motivating, training, and retaining a qualified management workforce able to meet the business units commitments within budgetary constraints and quality/service standards.
- Serve as HR SME to assigned business group/product/leader.
- Provide mentoring and support for newly hired or promoted members of the HR team. This will encompass training on systems, policies and procedures as well as introduction to the Company culture including the Company's philosophy and approach to inclusion and employee relations.
- Recommend and provide leadership and other training designed to improve the employment experience and enhance the company's competitive position in the marketplace.
- Provide interpretation and application guidance of Corporate policy as well as federal state and local laws and regulations as appropriate.
- Assist in conducting climate assessments, round tables, investigations and other activities designed to support the Company's Open Door and Open Shop policies.
- Develop cost effective human resources solutions to business problems.
- Direct and conduct audits of the human resources functions at assigned locations to ensure compliance with Corporate policy and employment laws.
- Manage personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, performance reviews, and pay discussions). Oversee the corrective counseling process; works with management to recognize strong and weak performance and develops ways to keep communications open and morale high.
- Evaluate and assess new HR projects based upon size, complexity, and time frame. Manage the implementation of projects across multiple facilities.
- Serve as escalation point to site HR Managers for local HR issues as needed.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Reports to: Human Resource Vice President
Supervision: No Regional Direct Reports. Successful candidate will maintain responsibility for current HR role within organization. Regional responsibility is estimated at 25-50% of total HR responsibility.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 7-10 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Prior involvement in companywide projects or focus groups, mentoring new members of management, conducting leadership training, and leading the career development process.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Requires excellent knowledge of HR policy and employment laws including federal, state and local regulations.
- Frequent travel required.