IHI offers 6-month, full-time cooperative (co-op) education positions to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with a college or university that offers these opportunities as a requirement within their curriculum. IHI currently works with Northeastern University to recruit for these positions, but students enrolled in other schools/programs that meet this co-op criteria are welcome and encouraged to apply. If you are a student interested in any of our co-op positions, please apply here on our website, and also with your school directly.
We have a variety of positions available, working on content related projects that support improvement for patients and the public health of communities, or business-related positions in finance, marketing, event planning, and business development. In any of our positions, you will leave IHI with a better understanding of health care, patient safety, and process improvement.
We are currently recruiting for 12 Co-op Positions working with various projects and departments at IHI:
IHI is a leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide. For more than 25 years, we have partnered with an ever-growing community of visionaries, leaders, and front-line practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. Together, we build the will for change, seek out innovative models of care, and spread proven best practices. IHI is dedicated to advancing four critical areas of focus: optimize health care delivery systems, drive the Triple Aim for populations, realize person- and family-centered care, and build improvement capability.
When it comes to raising the quality of health for all, IHI sees boundless possibilities, and while we see the walls in front of us, we will not rest until we reach the other side. Learn more at IHI.org.
IHI is a medium-sized company with about 200 employees. In 2009, 2010, and 2012 IHI was recognized as one of the Boston Globe's Top 100 Places to Work in Boston, Massachusetts. We offer a convenient commute on the red line "T" as well as discounts for Charlie Card monthly passes. IHI's hours of operation are Monday Friday from 8:30 AM 5:00 PM. The pay rate is $17 - $19 depending on professional experience. We offer an enriching program with planned training and development opportunities designed for co-ops.
*Please note, these are not the same for each position but will give you a high level overview of the kind of work co-ops are involved in.
- Learning about all IHI programs to answer customer questions.
- Managing customer relationships and information
- Provide thorough and timely customer service
- Building and maintaining relationships with key contacts, faculty, and participating in team meetings
- Manage bi-weekly team meetings, including scheduling, distributing agendas, taking notes, and tracking follow up items.
- Assist the Project Managers on developing new IHI projects and open enrollment programs.
- Organize and plan internal and external event logistics
- Research and collaborate with team to generate new ideas and concepts
- Basic research projects (on trends in relevant content areas, customers, etc.)
- Preparing, entering, and updating content on www.ihi.org
- Assist with operational activities including reimbursements and travel arrangements.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Desire to take initiative
- Customer focused and positive attitude
- Previous co-op or office experience preferred
- International experience preferred
What you can expect to learn:
- Process improvement
- Customer service skills
- Professional relationship management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Time management
- Organization and attention to detail
IHI will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.