A clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the mother and newborn patients through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. Effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
Registry position with 8 hour 10pm - 6:30am or 12 hour 7pm - 7am
Looking for 2 - 3 years of experience in Labor and Delivery, Mother/Baby or NICU/Special Care Nursery.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- BSN required for all new hires
- RN License in State of Illinois
- BLS upon hire
- NRP within 6 months of hire
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- One year of relevant experience preferred
- Completion of intermediate and advanced fetal monitoring courses by the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) preferred
- Inpatient Obstetric Nursing certification preferred