Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
NuVasive is looking for an Indirect Sourcing Specialist to be responsible to drive the procurement of goods and services for spend categories across our Operations, including MRO, Freight, CapEx & Facilities. This role works collaboratively with the NuVasive Operations teams and business unit partners to commercially & competitively assess the supply base's capabilities. The Sourcing Specialist owns the supplier relationship and manages ongoing performance and service delivery. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated capability to manage a supply base and increase value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness.
This individual contributor must be a strategic thinker, and be capable of managing complex tasks independently while working with and supporting many stakeholders. The role will utilize sourcing management processes and tools to rationalize supply base, negotiate commercial terms and conditions, secure signed contracts, manage key supplier relationships, and ensure continuity of supply.
The Indirect Procurement Specialist will ensure proper supplier selection, drive competitive bidding whenever possible, and negotiate goods and services for the lowest total cost, highest quality and superior performance. This role requires the ability to influence internal stakeholders, and manage external relationships which are both important to the success of the position.
- Identify opportunities to improve the indirect supply base through consolidation, change of supplier, outsourcing, and supplier innovation
- Must understand strategic sourcing process and Request for Quote/Proposal/Information and SOW development, as well as cost savings analysis and supplier relationship management
- Manage RFP and negotiation process for statement of work (SOWs) and work closely with NuVasive legal and other constituencies to ensure all contracts are reviewed by legal, data privacy, etc., and executed in accordance with finance policies
- Facilitate supplier business reviews; grow and manage strategic supplier relationships
- Partner with the internal customer(s) to ensure procurement strategies are aligned with departmental objectives
- Driving and delivering Year-over-Year savings goals
- Achieving productivity and efficiencies through supplier consolidations
- Executing on working capital turns improvement programs including inventory reduction and supplier payment terms improvements
- Develop, negotiate, and execute contracts/agreements with suppliers that minimize TCO, improve quality, minimize supply risk and assure on-time delivery
Required Skills / Capabilities
- 5+ years of indirect sourcing experience; or a combination of indirect purchasing, commodity management, or supply chain experience
- A background with managing freight and logistics supply-including contracting, understanding of market forces, and suppliers is a key to success
- Experience negotiating with suppliers to drive best total cost. Understanding and application of cost/price analysis methods is desirable
- Knowledge of purchasing agreements and strong knowledge of, and experience negotiating contract terms & conditions
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve processes
- Ability to work as a team on projects with various stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with focus in Operations, Supply Chain or related field
Travel and/or Physical Requirements
Up to 10%
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .