Perform general maintenance and repair duties including light carpentry, painting, basic electrical, HVAC, general plumbing, and grounds maintenance.
- Ensure facility remains in good operating condition and address issues as they arise.
- May move and arrange furniture and cubical partitions and assist with internal moves to different work areas.
- May assist mechanics with investigation and resolution of mechanical problems.
- May maintain exterior grounds and ensure sidewalks and parking lots remain free of snow and ice.
- Coordinate maintenance tasks with outside contractors if needed.
- Ability to apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Able to uses arithmetic to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Able to follow work instructions and recognize most words used in daily work processes.
- Able to read instructions for assembling equipment.
- Able to communicate through writing compound and complex sentences, using proper punctuation and employing adjectives and adverbs.
- 1+ years prior experience in an equivalent position in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.