Instructional Designer/Facilitator- Nurse Aide Program (Temp FT)
Position Title: Instructional Designer/Facilitator- Nurse Aide Program (Temp FT)
Department: Workforce Development
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 12, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a temporary full-time position with benefits.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: Admin 13 - $47,929
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Job Slot: 3Y99
Job Open Date: 8/26/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The Instructional Designer/Facilitator for the Nurse Aide Program teaches the Nurse Aide Training Program. Also works closely with the Nurse Aide Program Coordinator and Instructors to support program curriculum and goals. This person will also work closely with the Project Managers, CCAC administrators, faculty, and Advisory Board members. Specifically responsible for teaching the nurse aide curriculum as specified by the state, curriculum updates, and oversees the other instructors within the program. Will conduct staff meetings, orientation sessions and recruit instructors as needed.
Requirements: LPN required, RN preferred. MUST have one year of long term care experience. Teaching experience preferred. Train the Trainer certificate a plus (can be provided by CCAC.) Must exhibit strong attention to detail, manage responsibilities in a high-energy environment, and work both independently and collaboratively. Must also exhibit strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and an entrepreneurial attitude to creatively, adaptively, and enthusiastically take on many challenges at once.
1. Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to provide a comprehensive learning environment for students.
2. Remain current on state regulations and training standards.
3. Participates in curriculum development, and review making recommendations based on state's recommendations to Program Coordinator.
4. Achieves high student success rate by monitoring and measuring student performance.
5. Supervise, provide guidance, and leadership to Instructors within the program to ensure program objectives are met.
6. Participates in on-site review process conducted by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
7. Conducts review for students prior to state exam administration.
8. Conducts staff meetings and orientation sessions for students enrolled in the program.
9. Orient new hire Instructors to the program.
10. Participates in lesson plan, and instructional material development.
11. Promotes Instructor submission of accurately completed student records in a timely manner, in the required timeframe.
12. Facilitates communication of any problems or issues in student progress to student's funding source.
13. Teach assigned classes when needed.
14. Perform other related duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3401756
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.