The recruiting intern is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for clerical, technical, and manufacturing positions. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Processes job requisitions using the Taleo applicant tracking platform.
- Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Acts as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Coordinates appropriate employment testing.
- Conducts employment verifications.
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing.
- Maintains employee referral program.
- Conducts orientation of new employees.
- Follows up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as completing of health, employment and insurance forms, notifying the department of employee's starting date and the requisition the employee is filling, etc.
- Completes weekly report on employment activity.
- 1-2 years of relevant recruiting experience.
- Prior experience with Taleo applicant tracking software, or similar system preferred.
- Prior recruiting experience in a high-volume or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resources, or current enrollment in a degree granting program.