Modify and/or create applications, systems, vendor supplied utilities or packages from detailed specifications. Program software that improves efficiency of business operations, applications and/or operating systems. Code, review, prepare test data, test and debug application software, vendor-supplied utilities and packages and/or operating systems software. May maintain necessary program and/or user documentation.
- Coding: With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Apply structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards, although some deviation from the standards may be expected for particular development efforts. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Participate in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Develops unit test and test scripts; performs unit, regression, conversion and parallel tests; develops system test data and performs system tests. With limited direction, coordinate and conduct system stress tests on software. Assists quality assurance testing teams.
- Analysis/Design: Analyze moderately complex technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing computer programs/modules or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database. Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation and make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications.
- Technical Support: Research and resolve moderately complex programming issues with immediate short-term solutions.
- Documentation: Develop program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems. Prepare concise internal program documentation on program development and revisions. Prepare on-line help, FAQs, user guides and operational instruction manuals.
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation.
- Planning: Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a very good understanding of the information technology environment/infrastructure utilized for the job and be able to identify and resolve moderately complex challenges associated with the work.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of current trends in information technology best practices and standards and how to apply this understanding to work projects and processes.
- Must have very good knowledge and understanding of the assigned information technology platform and make recommendations for improvements to the technology.
- Must have very good understanding of information/data management concepts.
- Must be able to effectively analyze and solve complex work related problems.
- Able to interpret complex and detailed business specifications and make suggestions that provide workable solutions to development project of moderate complexity.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations.
- Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.