Analyzes a variety of assessment data (i.e reports, end user performance, etc.) to determine end user educational needs. Implements evidence-based educational activities that are varied and meet the needs of the adult learner including off shift educational delivery. Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competency and associated workflows. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates training needs of IT Trainers. Conducts comprehensive criterion based educational evaluation of assigned content to assure optimal end user performance. Builds, tests, and maintains the training environment(s). Develops and maintains training materials for initial installation and for new software releases and updates. Partners with Professional Development team members as needed in the planning and delivery of education across the enterprise. Supports business/clinical process owners to update applicable policy/procedure documentation. Demonstrates fundamental skill in utilization of learning management system to track course completion, competency, etc. Evaluates and recommends acquisition of tools for effective training. Responsible for maintaining/updating business workflows in Visio. Participates in providing on-call coverage for assigned application(s) in partnership with project team members. Maintains monthly newsletter development and Training Home Page. Ensures curriculum lessons are updated. Understands the build and functionality of the assigned software module. Supports implementation requested changes to the system in accordance with established IT and project team change control processes. Analyzes new functionality and training in new releases to determine the training needs. Troubleshoots problems and questions from the end user community. Requires travel to Epic Headquarters in Verona. Other duties as assigned.
- BS, BA in health care related field, education or business or equivalent job experience.
- Previous experience assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating training needs.
- Knowledge of hospital operations and information systems.
- Strong communication skills, able to instruct and inspire various levels of end users.
- Familiar with adult education and best practices in regard to adult learning.
- Must be willing to become Epic certified.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, self-motivating, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel.
- Willingness to conduct training classes on any shift as well as on weekends.
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Epic certified preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) information systems experience preferred.
- Prior classroom training experience and expertise.
- Knowledge of Cadence business workflows and information system experience.
- Prior experience preparing presentations and presenting to groups.