The Lead Consultant is responsible for researching and analyzing data, formulating reports, making recommendations to senior BCBSA management and Plan management concerning Plan performance and compliance with licensure requirements. Work with Plan professionals to understand and document business results. Make projections of Plans' financial position. Provide financial services to Plan management. Frequently present findings to senior BCBSA management. The Lead Consultant will coach and review the work of junior team members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor, review, research and analyze financial and enrollment results. Make projections of financial position.
- Lead team efforts with Plan constituencies or workgroups and on assigned projects that add value to Plan and BCBSA divisions (Strategic Services, OPR, Legal, etc.) and management.
- Make recommendations and communicate to BCBSA management, Plan advisory groups and BCBSA governance.
- Lead interviews and build professional relationships with Licensees' technical staff and with Licensee senior management and BCBSA senior management to gain a detailed understanding of business objectives and critical issues facing Licensees.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage content of meetings, training programs, conference calls, etc. to facilitate education, communication, discussions and responses to monitoring or value-added activities.
- Prepare reports and written analysis, and review and revise reports and analysis prepared by junior team members.
Other Job Functions:
- Work with junior analysts and provide guidance and development of their technical knowledge and skills
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with financial or operational analysis with progressive responsibilities
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong efficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Minimum of 3 years of leading project teams
- Exposure to health insurance industry or related functions
- Knowledge of statutory accounting principles and insurance reporting
- Professional verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Relationship development skills; maintain effective, highly technical working relationships with Blue Plan and Association accounting, finance and actuarial analysts and executives
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- Knowledge of investments or investment accounting
- Completion of Academy of Healthcare Management certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics