Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
The Lead Security Engineer role is a key contributor on our Information Security Team, facilitating the development and implementation of strategies, technologies, and processes to protect all organizational assets from cyber threats. In this role, you will manage and maintain a variety of security technologies, such as vulnerability management, endpoint protection, intrusion prevention, asset management, security awareness training, and security event management platforms. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of departments and stakeholders across the organization to help assess existing security controls and provide solutions to help improve NuVasive's overall security posture.
- Manages and maintains various security solutions and other detection technologies (endpoint agents, IDS sensors, etc.)
- Monitors for suspicious activities such as malware infections, social engineering attacks, network intrusions, and unauthorized access
- Conducts incident response activities and reports on findings, including recommendations for mitigation and enhancing existing detective and preventative controls
- Acts as a key resource on cross-functional projects to assess and provide feedback for successful and secure implementations
- Creates, updates, and maintains documentation for new and existing processes and technology deployments
- Researches and stays up-to-date on trending tools, techniques, vulnerabilities, and other security topics
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Capabilities
• Experience with Linux and/or Windows operating systems
• Expert knowledge in at least two of the following areas: incident response, threat hunting, penetration testing, cybersecurity threats, endpoint and network security, security monitoring, vulnerability management, email security, system hardening, identity and access management, or risk management
• In depth understanding of relevant security frameworks, standards, and best practices such as NIST CSF, CIS CSCs, Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK, etc.
• Proficiencies in programming and scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, and Bash for task automation are a plus
• Experiences in developing and implementing security awareness trainings are a plus
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
Education and Experience
• Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Technology or equivalent preferred
• Information Security Certification (CISSP, GSEC, etc.) or other related security certification preferred
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .