Lead Skilled Maintenance Worker (Reg FT)
Position Title: Lead Skilled Maintenance Worker (Reg FT)
Department: Physical Plant Admin
Campus: South Campus
Additional Information: REPOSTED. Seeking candidates with extensive HVAC knowledge and experience with operating and repair knowledge of cooling towers, chillers, hot water boilers, pumps, split-units, uni-vents, RTU. Knowledge of DDC and pneumatic controls, and plumbing skills. HVAC certification with a minimum of a two-year program required.
Performance Evaluation: The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination and performance evaluation.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 6:30 am - 3:00 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: SEIU H - $27.36
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 0262
Job Open Date: 1/20/2023
Job Close Date: 2/3/2023
General Summary: Coordinates and oversees activities related to maintaining and repairing of the physical systems of campus buildings and facilities. Plans major campus projects and coordinates the work of one or more individuals. Has knowledge of one or more skilled trades such as painting, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning and carpentry.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED and completion of vocational school certification or an apprenticeship program as required by applicable trade; maintains such certification/licensure as required by applicable trade; it is a requirement of this position to comply with all safety practices and annual training.
Electrician: Licensed in the City of Pittsburgh.
Plumbing: Allegheny County Plumbing License; possess an ASSE backflow tester license.
HVAC: Stationary Engineer License, or Building Operations Certificate - Level 1, or HVAC degree required.
Carpentry/Painting: Completed Apprenticeship/Vo Tech training program.
Landscaper/Grounds: Must have, possess and maintain a Pesticide Applicator License in addition to one of the other certifications/licensures noted above.
ALL: A valid driver's license is required.
Skills/Abilities Requirements: Must be able to read, understand and apply blue prints, drawings and schematics pertaining to area of specialization. Must be able to operate a variety of complex equipment in area of specialization. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location, at any time or on any day within the CCAC system. Ability to operate basic office equipment, including computer and appropriate software packages, requires proficiency in College supportive software. Required to have regular and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements: Involves daily exposure to dirt, grease and electrical wires in both indoor and outdoor settings. Must be able to climb using various apparatus. Must be able to lift, carry and move heavy materials for extended periods. Performs duties of a physical nature that include: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting, reaching, and climbing stairs and ladders/step stools. Typically, lifts/pushes/pulls/carries items that weigh up to 50 lbs. (occasionally heavier) and may require up to 50 lbs. of push/pull force to varying distances. The ability to work in inclement weather, extreme hot and cold weather.
1. Provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
2. May perform the following skilled-maintenance duties:
a. Cut grass, prune/plant trees and shrubs.
b. Asphalt driveways, cement walkways, repair fences, remove snow, and pick up trash.
c. Repair metal/wood furniture, replace/straighten parts, refinish wood, and replace hinges, locks, and other parts.
3. Performs or assists in one or more of the following Sr. Skilled maintenance duties: Electricity: Plans, installs, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on electrical and related equipment, including but not limited to lighting and ballasts, power controls, outlets, switches, electrical components of equipment and other building operations, Plumbing: Plans, installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventative maintenance on building plumbing systems. This work includes but is not limited to domestic water, closed loop-water, waste-water, air systems, gas pipe, specialized waste systems, hot water vessels, plumbing fixtures, and various piping materials. *Steam system experience preferred. HVAC: Troubleshoots and repairs, installs, and performs preventative maintenance on associated equipment. This includes but is not limited to chillers, boilers, AHU's, pneumatic controls, fan coil units, condensing units, ductless split systems, cool towers, economizers, dampers, exhaust fans, and thermostats. *Stationary Engineer license preferred.
Carpentry: Installs wooden structures such as roofing frames, rafters, partitions, joists and stud work; designs and installs cabinets, shelving, fitted furniture, drywall and insulation; adds fixtures and fittings such as door handles, locks, hinges and closures; cuts keys; selects lumber to suit each job; calculates the number of fasteners required for each job; liaises with customers, suppliers and other construction professionals; works to specifications prepared by construction professionals, architects and building code recommendations
Painting: Examine surfaces to determine the work necessary; makes on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc. Prepares walls and other surfaces by scraping, sanding, removing old paint etc. Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material. Mixes paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture. Paints surfaces according to instructions with various tools. Applies varnish and other finishes. Calculate costs and prices.
Landscaper/Grounds: Mow, edge, and fertilize lawns. Weed and mulch landscape beds. Trim hedges, shrubs, and small trees. Remove dead, damaged, or unwanted trees or branches. Plant flowers, trees, shrubs, and other plants. Apply pesticides, herbicides, or other treatments to plants or soil. Snow removal utilizing plow trucks with salt spreaders, skid steers, snow blowers, shovels.
4. Plans, oversees, inspects and approves projects from inception through completion; selects, orders and distributes project materials and supplies.
5. Provides for a safe work environment and ensures safety regulations are adhered to.
6. Must be able to read, interpret and apply architectural drawings, blue prints, and schematics specific to the trade.
7. Trains other skilled maintenance workers.
8. Operates college vehicles and equipment to pick up and deliver supplies, and for snow removal as necessary.
9. Performs all duties in accordance with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements, board policies, and administrative regulations and directives.
10. Performs general housekeeping, maintenance, grounds-keeping or other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3826061
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.