At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Lead Transplant Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Coordinates and ensures appropriate coverage of all nursing and administrative functions as assigned.
- Utilizes a proactive approach in identifying patient and organizational needs on a case by case basis.
- Works directly collaboratively with the Transplant Resource Coordinators.
- Provide direction and guidance for cost center professional and support staff assigned to his or her responsibility.
- Prepare and maintain staff schedules, including call schedule.
- Approve time cards for assigned staff.
- Participates in performance management including mid and yearly evaluations and discipline as delegated by the manager.
- Delegates and provides direct nursing care to assigned patients in cost centers.
- Assures appropriate documentation of all care delivered, including patient record and regulatory reporting as required.
- Communicates with departmental medical and nursing staff issues relating to assigned patients.
- Assures, directly or by delegation, timely and accurate communication with referring health care providers.
- Participates in program leadership activities.
- Escalates problems to Practice Manager, Solid Organ Transplant as appropriate.
- Assures regulatory compliance of all activities, such as HIPAA, Medicare and UNOS.
- Provide oversight of cost center expenses, including salary, overtime, and assist in budget preparation as requested.
- Develops and implements nursing staff orientation programs.
- Coordinates with Clinical Data Coordinator, to assure the accurate and timely compilation of all clinical data pertaining to his or her cost centers cooperates with Clinical Data Coordinator, to assure all applicable UNOS reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Facilitate adherence to research protocols as applicable.
- Cooperate with Clinical Data Coordinator in completion of organ specific Requests For Information (RFI)s.
- Facilitate, in cooperation with patient financial liaison and social worker, insurance authorization process for assigned patients.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or related field or equivalent work experience. Registered Nurse licensed in Illinois.
- Minimum of two years experience in appropriate clinical area.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of pertinent regulatory requirements (UNOS, CMS, etc.)
- Three to four years supervisory experience in patient care or health care setting.
- Specialty Nursing certification (CNN, CCTC, ITNS).
- Additional transplant experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.