Learning Resources Assistant (Reg PT)
Position Title: Learning Resources Assistant (Reg PT)
Department: Library & Learning Services
Campus: South Campus
Additional Information: Regular part-time 25 hours/week.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday 1:30PM - 6PM Fall/Spring Hours: Monday - Thursday 3:00PM - 7:00PM & Saturday 9:00AM-2:00PM.
Salary Grade: SEIU D - $17.86
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Job Slot: 9280
Job Open Date: 7/1/2022
Job Close Date: 7/18/2022
General Summary: Performs a variety of administrative clerical duties for the Learning Resources Center including administering and correcting exams.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED plus one year of relevant experience gained from working in an office environment, preferably in a college setting.
Skills/Abilities Requirements: Should be able to tactfully and courteously answer questions and provide information. Knowledge as related to the specific needs of the department to perform responsibilities .Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system. Must be able to operate various office equipment, including a personal computer, switchboard as needed, and appropriate College software packages or equivalent. Should possess good organizational, customer service, communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team player. Required to have regular and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable: Works in a general office environment.
1. Provides quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
2. Assists with students, including those seeking tutoring, setting up make-up tests, and use of library resources.
3. Interacts with faculty and staff, including all tutors.
4. Maintains files (electronic/paper), records, logs and reports.
5. Reviews documents for accuracy and completeness and editing as necessary.
6. Assists with training temporary others; may assign the work of temporary part-time and work-study student employees.
7. Performs various scheduling activities.
8. Perform all duties in accordance with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements, board policies and administrative regulations and directives.
9. Performs other clerical duties related to specific/unique needs of the department.
10. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/3216595
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.