Why work with us?
The North American branch of Generali Global Assistance offers a diverse and inclusive work environment while employees work towards making real difference in the lives of our clients. As an Organization, we pride ourselves with offering white glove service while being mindful of corporate responsibility and our environmental footprint.
Employees enjoy a plethora of benefits to include:
- A diverse, inclusive, professional work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Company match on 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off policy
- Generous Employer contribution for health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Employee Assistance program
- Wellness programs
- Fun employee and company events
- Discounts on travel insurance
Who are we?
Generali Global Assistance is proudly part of the Europ Assistance Group brand and our products utilize a number of corporate and product brands. The brands for our North American team include the following:
- CSA: US travel insurance brand for retail and lodging partners. Learn more here.
- Generali Global Assistance (GGA): The primary Corporate brand in the United States for our travel insurance, travel assistance, identity and cyber protection, and beneficiary companion products. Learn more here.
- GMMI: the industry standard for global medical cost containment and medical risk management solutions. Learn more here.
- Iris, Powered by Generali: identity and digital protection solution. Learn more here.
- Trip Mate: US travel insurance brand for tour operator, cruise and airline partners. Learn more here.
What you'll be doing.
Job Summary: The Liability Claims Adjuster Specialist will be reporting to the Vice President, Claims. This position is responsible for analyzing and processing insurance claims to determine the extent of the insurance carrier's liability in a manner that supports the mission, values, and standards of the Company. Primary responsibilities include efficient adjudication of insurance claims, both phone and written communication with insureds, claimants, attorneys, medical facilities, and others, as well as maintaining all state Department of Insurance regulations for claims files.
- Handles severe complexity and escalated third-party bodily injury and property damage claims.
- Responsible for the investigation and resolution of litigated and non-litigated claims.
- Document claims files with findings of investigation, evaluate liability, and negotiate settlements
- Prepare releases of all interested parties, issue reservation of rights letters, and denials of liability.
- Prepare Large Loss reports on Claims involving severe injuries.
- Maintaining rapport and open communications with client.
Required / Desired Knowledge, Experiences and Skills:
- 8 - 10 years of multi-line claims handling at an insurer or TPA.
- 8 - 10 years working in liability claims.
- Extensive experience with premises liability claims, injury evaluation, and complex bodily injury claims.
- Ideal candidate will have CPCU, AIC, SCLA or other industry related training or educational course work, a NYS claims adjuster license as well as other state adjusting licenses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, investigation, organization, and analytical skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of commercial lines coverage and exposure as well as strong decision making, judgment and negotiating skills are needed
- Experience working with files in litigation and effective communication skills are a must.
- Performs work with a high degree of latitude.
- Handles the most complex issues.
- Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to team members, and may act as a lead.
- Bachelor, Master's degree and 8+ years liability claims adjusting experience
- Must have FL State Adjuster's License.
- Must secure and maintain a multi-state adjuster license.
Where you'll be doing it.
This is a hybrid role based out of our Pembroke Pines, FL office. As a hybrid role, you will be working onsite 2-3 days a week and working from home 2-3 days a week.
When you'll be doing it.
While there is some flexibility in the hours, this position will be Monday-Friday during regular business hours (approximately 8:00am-5:00pm). Occasional overtime may be required according to business need.
Apply today to begin your next chapter.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Generali Global Assistance, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and enriching workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
California Residents - Privacy Notice for California Residents Seeking Employment with Generali Global Assistance is available here: https://us.generaliglobalassistance.com/privacy-notice-for-california-re...
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all our employment programs and decisions. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, military status, HIV/AIDS status, mental or physical disability, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness, or physical handicap, or any other legally protected basis under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, classification, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absences, compensation, and training. Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. The Company will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal employment opportunity. All Company employees are responsible for complying with the Company's Equal Opportunity Policy. Every employee is to treat all other employees equally and fairly. Violations of this policy may subject an employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.