MULTI-DISCIPLINARY CALIFORNIA PRACTICE SEEKS A LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
The Masters-level Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) promotes the philosophy of health that stresses individual responsibility in the application of behavioral and biomedical science, knowledge and techniques to the maintenance of health and the prevention of illness and dysfunction by a variety of self-initiated activities. The LCSW provides direct psycho-educational services, support and advocacy to chronic pain patients in an inter-disciplinary setting. The LCSW must have a strong background in clinical psychology and communications with effective interpersonal skills.
What You Will Do:
- Providing direct behavioral health services individually or in a group format to patients referred by their LAGS provider. Utilizing the approved 12-session curriculum, attempt to help patients improve the quality of their lives and their level of functioning by:
- Increasing patients awareness of the relationship between chronic pain, mood and stress.
- Increasing patients capacity to self-manage chronic pain symptoms through lifestyle changes; utilizing mindfulness/meditation techniques, proper nutrition, and increased activity/mobility so that they may rely less on narcotic medications.
- Introducing patients to and encouraging the use of complementary forms of pain management; making referrals for acupuncture, physical therapy and mental health services.
- Participate in monthly meetings as a member of LAGS Pain Committee.
- Educate LAGS staff and medical providers in any psychological/clinical issues as they arise and as scheduled by the regional manager.
Who We Are:
Lags Medical Centers is the primary care musculoskeletal provider for California's Ventura County, Central Coast, Central Valley, and Portland, Oregon for a total of 31 locations.
Lags Medical Centers is commitment to total wellness and holistic healing is rooted in the use of non-invasive, ethical, and cost effective treatment plans that help patients manage and alleviate pain.
In Ventura County, the Central Coast and Central Valley, LAGS work closely with county community health centers, as well as Concentra in Fresno. We have become the preferred provider in pain management for the regions Medi-Cal populations.
What We Offer:
A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, Holidays and 401K. Opportunities for growth and learning. Work life balance with a five day work week.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Masters degree in the field of Psychology or Social Work
- Valid CA License Clinical Social Worker
- Experience working in behavioral health preferred
- Knowledge in the following clinical areas: patient assessment, crisis management, writing and maintaining of progress notes, ability to make appropriate referrals and coordinate care, advocacy for patients and knowledge of state and federal laws regulating PHI (including HIPAA and CFR)
- Strong communication skills needed to work in a multi-disciplinary team and to make effective presentations
- Medicare certified preferred
- Flexibility to adapt to changing program needs
- Computer literate
- Must be willing to travel
- Administrative skills beneficial