Solicit, market, and process consumer loans and other TCF services; to properly service customers within the policies, objectives, and guidelines established by the Consumer Lending division; assure accurate, courteous and timely processing of all TCF loans. To observe the activities of the Branch Lending Manager and emulate those activities as appropriate.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Interviews prospective loan customers and accepts applications for all types of consumer loans. Demonstrates professional salesmanship skills and service expectations; builds customer confidence.
- Approves or denies consumer loans within established credit lines. With guidance and to the extent of knowledge acquired, restructure credit applicants request to conform to sound lending procedures. Documents credit analysis.
- Recommends credit decisions on loans over assigned credit limits to appropriate level of management. Discusses with Branch Lending Manager rationale for recommendation.
- Demonstrates solid working knowledge of TCF internal policies and procedures such as processing denials, fees, escrows and ACH. Ability to navigate on-line manuals and operating systems.
- Actively involved in the solicitation of lending business inside and outside the office. Works closely with Branch Lending Manager toward achievement of branch production goals; meets production goals as assigned. Under manager direction, works collaboratively with Collections department to minimize loan losses, including but not limited to, telephone and field calls to collect.
- Knowledgeable of TCF lending products and underwriting criteria. Able to read, interpret and explain various documents such as appraisals, credit bureaus, title reports, etc.
- Informed on all services offered by the Bank. Makes a concerted effort to cross-sell to the customer those services that meet customer needs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to less experienced Loan Officers.
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months experience as TCF Consumer Loan Officer I OR minimum 3 months as a Loan Officer II.
- Meets or exceeds all core competencies of the Consumer Lender II in the following areas: Sales, Customer Relationship Development, Communication, Compliance, Procedures, Product Knowledge and Underwriting
- Possess strong working knowledge of all consumer lending regulations.
- Solid understanding of TCF lending products and underwriting criteria.
- Possess required state insurance licenses and state notary.
- Eligible to be registered on the NMLS as a Mortgage Loan Originator.
- Demonstrated sales ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Four-year college degree
- Experience with depository account
Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada.
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.