Loan Officer to VP of Lending
January 11, 2018
Lone Star Ag Credit
Waco Credit Office
Commensurate with experience
Position will be posted until filled, until sufficient candidates are reviewed to ensure a qualified selection can be made, or until closed at the discretion of the Association.
Summary of Desired/Required Experience:
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a loan officer or similar title in credit extension, with business development requirements. Please note the entry level discretion below.
- At its sole discretion, Lone Star Ag Credit may consider qualified entry level applicants who have the same education as required in this posting. In such case, the title will adjusted appropriately to entry level experience.
- Outstanding business development skills complimented with appropriate credit knowledge for the purpose of growing portfolio with quality loans.
- Exceptional customer service skills to support business development initiatives.
- Ability to assess risk and provide recommendations on approval commercial or real estate loans.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- May require registration as a Mortgage Loan Officer under the National Mortgage Licensing System.
- Grows Association loan portfolio by marketing, making and managing agricultural loans.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Makes and services loans and leases within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies.
- Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing.
- Conducts simple to moderately complex credit analyses.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordinations to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, reamortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, insurance claims, additional advances, extensions and conversions.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Performs collections on assigned loans and assists senior-level staff and management with collections on all loans in the portfolio.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Ag Economics, Ag Business or related field, or experience deemed equivalent by Lone Star Ag Credit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic to moderate skill set in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong business development skills.
- General knowledge of accounting and financial systems.
- Ability to perform intermediate level accounting and financial analysis under moderate supervision.
At the discretion of Lone Star Ag Credit, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant; AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; full description available on request.