Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining the plant production machinery, service equipment and building.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities :
Repair or install all equipment throughout the plant to the degree it will perform at the efficiency it was designed for.
- Trouble shooting of mechanical / electrical problems on equipment and repair as needed.
- Record the jobs completed on a daily work order recording sheet, fill out inventory requisition slips for parts used for repairs.
- Perform simple operations on the lathe, milling machine, welding and grinder.
- Check and service building and building equipment as needed.
- Repair and service hand trucks, fork trucks and clamp trucks.
- Help maintain a good preventative maintenance program.
- Perform plumbing of water, air and hydraulic systems as needed.
- Perform other related duties and overtime as required.
Essential Functions : The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
*The list of qualifications and essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer