Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
At NuVasive, we disrupt traditional thinking in spine surgery. It's how we became the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. And it's why we need more people in Dayton with our shared vision to keep pushing the industry forward.
As a Maintenance Tech you will perform electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. You will be responsible for preventive maintenance, mechanical checks, construction, installation, moving, repairing, and maintenance of all electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment and/or systems within the facility and/or assigned Value Stream(s). Perform industrial machine repair/service using knowledge of any or all of the following: electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, spindles, ball screws, bearings, servo controls, and/or machine controllers. Perform all duties in compliance with all OSHA regulations and completes all required training.
- Assists in moving, setup and leveling machines
- Performs equipment preventative maintenance daily
- Ensures machines are lubricated and operational, which may include installing guards if necessary
- Troubleshoots mechanical/electrical malfunctions/breakdowns, supports activity to repair, and may including coordinating/working with outside vendors
- Utilizes maintenance equipment (including but not limited to: saws, grinders, CNC Mills and lathes, etc.) to perform machining duties as needed
- Communicates with and utilizes outside services and support as necessary to troubleshoot problems, provide project and maintenance assistance and offer technical resources
- Performs a wide range of general building and equipment maintenance, such as plumbing, general electrical, carpentry, sheet metal and fabrication design, and sheet metal repair work
- Creates and coordinates change orders (CO's) in support of the preventative maintenance and calibration system; including follow up and tracking
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Ability to use maintenance equipment (including but not limited to: saws, grinders, CNC mills, and lathes, hand/power tools, etc) to perform machining duties as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine root cause of failures
- General knowledge of predicative and preventative maintenance processes
Education and Experience
Typically requires a minimum of 1 - 2 years of related experienceRequires High School diploma or equivalent
For roles that require access to hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The "EEO is the Law" poster options are available here . NuVasive's EEO policy is available here .
About NuVasive NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. The Company's less-invasive, procedurally integrated surgical solutions are designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven outcomes. The Company's comprehensive procedural portfolio includes surgical access instruments, spinal implants, fixation systems, biologics, software for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative neuromonitoring technology and service offerings. With more than $1 billion in net sales, NuVasive has approximately 2,700 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com .