The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is the sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with a vast network of fixed route services including bus, subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail serving a 2,200 square mile service region.
SEPTA is seeking a Management Analyst to be located in our Center City, Philadelphia Headquarters. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Finance and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant financial or grant development experience which includes preparation and monitoring of budgets and financial reports.
Performs analysis related to all aspects of the division/department. Coordinates funding, planning and grant programs with funding agencies, internal SEPTA departments, and other external groups.
1. Assists in the development of SEPTA's annual Capital Budget and 12-Year Capital Program. Calculates anticipated capital funding and assist in the allocation of funds to capital projects in progress and to newly proposed projects.
2. Coordinates meetings with internal departments and external governmental stakeholders to discuss the capital budget & program, and to solicit their input and insight on capital transit needs for the region.
3. Coordinates public meetings and public hearings on the budget & program to receive input from interested parties, elected officials and the general public.
4. Negotiates SEPTA's share of the annual sub-area allocation of federal capital funds apportioned to the Philadelphia urbanized area with the following transit agencies; NJ Transit, PennDot, Delaware River Port Authority, Maryland Transit Administration and Delaware Department of Transportation. Calculates funding per transit agency and communicates the funding splits to all of the agencies. Prepares letters of agreement to be signed by all agencies which must be sent to the Federal Transit Administration Regional Administrator before federal grants can be approved for the allocated funds.
5. Provides financial administration and State invoicing of SEPTA's annual multi-million dollar Vehicle Overhaul (VOH) Program.
6. Assists in the solicitation of proposed projects from Operating Divisions, evaluate proposals for capital funding eligibility, present proposals to senior management for review and approval, establishes approved budget in the FACET financial system, monthly analysis of budget versus actual expenditures and tracks production versus targeted goals.
7. Assists in the development and coordination of SEPTA's annual requests for the City of Philadelphia and capital funding through the City's Capital Budgeting process.
8. Develops annual Suburban Counties capital funding forecasts, secure funding commitment and resolves funding conflicts. Develops a calendar year forecast of capital funds required from Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties.
9. Develops and maintains funding agreements for approved City of Philadelphia Capital Funds.
10. Assists in the development and implementation of strategies to address capital project funding shortfalls and capital grant close outs. Revise project funding within federal capital grants and state capital funding programs to achieve desired objectives. Facilitates Federal Transit Administration approval of required budget revisions to federal grants.
11. Participates in the development of federal and state grant applications to secure funds for the capital budget and program.
12. Develops and implements improved methods and procedures related to all aspects of the division/department.
13. Interprets and administers programs and procedures in accordance with approved policies.
14. Perform special assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Budgeting, Accounting or related field plus a minimum of five(5) years relevant financial or accounting experience which includes preparation and monitoring of budgets and financial reports required.
• Knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines in capital funding preferred.
• Strong computer skills required. Must have experience using MS software, applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills required.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity