Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse – KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics – has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects – covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization – and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our KPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, implement and optimize architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations; Guide an engineer team to develop modular code base to solve real world problems; Lead regular peer code reviews to ensure code quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data)
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Netezza, SAP HANA, and AWS) with cloud/on premise/hybrid hosting solutions; Architect, implement, and test data processing pipelines, and data mining/data science algorithms on a variety of hosted settings (AWS, Azure, client technology stacks, and KPMG's own clusters); Provide proficient documentation and operating guidance for users of all levels
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations across multiple and diverse domains; Communicate results and educate others through design and build of insightful visualizations, reports and presentations
- Develop skills in capturing business requirement and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management and client relationship development
- Help drive the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and client; Participate in developing and presenting thought leadership, and assist in ensuring that the Lighthouse technology stack incorporates and is optimized for using specific technologies; Help promote the KPMG brand in the broader data analytics community
- Minimum of seven years of big data experience with multiple programming languages and technologies with a minimum of five years of relevant business experience; Ability to manage less complex engagements and should have demonstrated risk management & project management skills
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; PhD with minimum three years of big data experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts succinctly to non-technical colleagues, understand & manage interdependencies between all facets of a project; Ability to lead client presentations; familiarity with the end-to-end sales process; Demonstrated ability to manage t