At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Manager Finance reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraising performance byrewarding and disciplining employeesaddressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Review, edit, and enhance work prepared by members of the finance team.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends as needed.
- Deliver and communicate monthly results of operations to senior leadership, finance leadership and operational leadership as needed.
- Maintain quality service standards as well as analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, identifying trends, and recommending and implementing system improvements.
- Research and understand changes in the regulatory environment in order to determine appropriate treatment as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge in computer applications such as knowledge in databases, spreadsheets and word processing applications in a high complexity environment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, adopting and implementing industry best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial and patient information confidential. Support the Northwestern Medicine finance operation as an integrated team leader.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years progressive relevant experience in finance or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and collaboration skills
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Ability to summarize complex issues into key elements
- Leadership and flexibility managing relationships in large corporate environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.